Tuesday, August 18, 2009

eBay thinks I want to buy red bikinis

It isn't my fault. I blame Big Brother and all those fan sites. I was curious if Laura, one of the earlier contestants to be evicted, was selling her red bikini for charity or not. So, I followed a link and presto, I am now, according to eBay, interested in all things small red and skimpy.

Now, I am not to judge what the ladies like to wear. I guess the point is more about getting to know who I really am. I think we've got a long way to go to being truly intelligent in our predictive analytics to know that I am curious about a specific red bikini in a completely different context from what I really like to buy, which is either replacement parts for my 16 year old Toyota Tercel or camera equipment or stuff for the kids, my wife, etc. Well, maybe she'd like a skimpy red bikini.... so maybe eBay is right all along and I just don't know myself well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment